The campaign is a success. In 3 weeks, we raised over two times our goal. You secured all three stretch goals.
Thank you for your trust and your support! 🙂
Building a great course takes time. We now have months of work ahead of us to deliver everything. We will try to be as open as possible so you can follow our progress on GitHub, and via frequent updates on Twitter and occasional news videos on our YouTube channel. Be sure to follow us there!
In the meantime, we produced over 6 hours of free tutorials and a dozen of Free and Open Source demos during the campaign. They’re all in this playlist.
It’s time for me to get some rest. We produced dozens of free tutorials and demos during the campaign. I worked long hours, didn’t take days off, so now I need to recuperate.
I’m moving back from Japan to France at the end of the month. I’ll be traveling for a week, and the remaining two are looking to be busy already. So you can expect production to start in March. We still have content coming out this month though!
How will I get my rewards?
Via email! Be sure to add
nathan at gdquest.com to your address book: the emails can end up in your Promotions tab on Gmail or in the Junk folder otherwise.
We release all our products on Gumroad. I will add your email to each course in the Gumroad backend, and you will receive a link to access the course directly via email.
You will get an email to unlock early access for each course, and one when the project is over. For more frequent updates, you should subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us on Twitter. You can also join our Discord community.
If you want us to use a different email address than the one associated to your Kickstarter or PayPal account, please send me a message!
When will I get my rewards?
You will get early access to each course or series as we make them. On the last Kickstarter, I sent updates once per month.
- The 2d and 3d courses (indie or pro versions): you will get each course in early access as soon as we produced enough videos.
- Insiders (50€ and above): the exclusive videos will be on YouTube, in a private playlist. I’ll give you access using your email address.
- Make Professional 2d Games with Godot (80€ pledges and above): you’ll get a coupon via email as soon as Kickstarter processed all the pledges. It can take up to 2 weeks.
- One on One lesson or review (120€ and above): I will send you a message with a calendar where you can select a time slot.
When will everything be available?
We will deliver new series as we finish them, so you don’t have to wait for all the tutorials to be available to enjoy the course. 🙂
We promised to deliver at least 60 videos overall. They should take three months to produce, so until the end of May.
However, the full Kickstarter project will be done when it’s done. We want to deliver a great course: we don’t rush through the content. All the extra material we’ll make for you as part of this project can extend it.
In any case:
- We will work hard to deliver excellent learning material
- We will work in the open, so you can follow along and give us feedback
- You will get each series when it’s done. You won’t have to wait until the end of the project to enjoy the content.
Courteous game designer, with a taste for Free Software. I'll share all I know.