In a another life, I wrote a handful of tutorials for Construct 2. They’re not on this website anymore, but you can still find them on the engine’s official website.
Now, I make videos tutorials about game creation with free, open source game creation tools: learn more about GDQuest.
Construct 2 tutorials:
- Grid-Based movement using the Tilemap object for collisions.
- Programming simple touch QTEs
- Quick Timer Events from a Game Design Perspective
- Top Down Jump - The Grasshopper
- How to design professional looking mobile game buttons
- 12 handy free productivity tools for game designers
- How to create a Radial Lifebar in Construct 2
- How to Code Faster in Construct 2
- My 7 best game design resources
- 4 productivity tricks with the event editor
- How to AI by example - Platform follower
- Drastically reduce your game’s download size with PNGquant
- How to simplify your AI code with Finite State Machines
- 3 techniques to manage complex UI with construct 2
- How to do advanced callbacks in Construct 2
- 4 lessons learned from Dan the Rabbit
- How to improve your Construct 2 code with Callbacks
- Ceiling walk
Game art tutorials:
- How to game art #1 – Silhouettes
- How to game art #2 – Drawing game assets
- How to game art #3 – Drawing with selections in Photoshop
- How to game art #4 – Designing a cute character
- How to game art #5 – The principles of design
- How to game art #6 - A first look at colors
- How to Game Art #7 - Hue Shifting
I'm a courteous game designer, with a taste for open source. I'll share all I know.