This completely free course will help you learn to create games with the Godot game engine from zero.
What you will learn
You will learn to:
- Code a platform game character that can move and jump.
- Kill and stomp enemies by jumping on their heads.
- Use inheritance to avoid writing code twice.
- Use Godot’s KinematicBody2D and Area2D nodes.
- Create levels with a tileset and tilemap.
And more! All that in 2d. The course is compatible with Godot 3.1+.
This course is for beginners. It gives many details about programming and how Godot work, teaching you good practices from the start.
While this is a step-by-step course, you should know:
- The basics of Godot’s GDScript language. We have a Free GDScript Intro lesson to get you started.
- How to use Godot’s editor.
We have a premium edition of this course with extra lessons, assignments, questions and answers, and more. In the extended version, you will learn to:
- Add 2D lights to your levels.
- Create bumpers to jump high.
- Add slope support.
- Use UI themes to improve the look of your interface.
It only costs 15$ and comes with questions and answers. The videos are cut into bite-sized lessons to help you learn at your pace, DRM-free downloadable content, and a 60-day refund warranty.
The extended edition supports our work creating Free Godot courses and open-source demos.
Download the start project assets
We prepared some sprites for you to follow this series. You can download them on the project’s repository (look for the file
Start the course now
Click the button below to start the course:Start now
Create your First 2D Game with Godot 14.95$
Learn to create a 2D platformer with the free game engine Godot. This special edition of our free course contains exclusive content and supports our work.
Godot VFX Secrets 39.95$
Learn to design beautiful 2D visual effects with the free game engine Godot! This hands-on course will teach you the secrets of professional and striking visual effects.
Our tutorials are the result of careful teamwork to ensure we produce high quality content. The following team members worked on this one: